Monday, April 25, 2011

Week 3: Books

One of my favorite books I've read has to be Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. This book was very inspiring and beautifully written. It contains life lessons told by an old professor who has been diagnosed with ALS to a former student. This book contains knowledge about life through the value of love and fear and about acceptance through detachment in whatever situation you may be in.

Another favorite is The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. This book was orignally written by a Spanish author and became a worldwide bestseller. The book is about a young boy who stumbles across a secret library and chooses one book he needs to protect. The story involves mystery as the boy prevents the book burning of forgotten books.

The Da Vinchi Code by Dan Brown was a really interesting read. As a Christian and for someone who is pretty religious, I felt that many things in this book contained aspects I did not agree too. However, the book was so incredibly well written and clever that I could not stop reading. I felt a sene of thrill and mystery nonstop as I read this book.

1 comment: